Burger King New Zealand recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
- use our websites, including www.burgerking.co.nz (Website)
- use our mobile applications (Apps)
- use the kiosks in Burger King New Zealand restaurants (Kiosks)
- use our social media channels
(together, our Services).
Additional rights and obligations
Important Notice: New Zealand residents.
Our Website, Apps and other Services are intended for New Zealand residents only. If you are located in another country you may be subject to other laws, including data protection laws. For that reason, if you are not located in New Zealand you are not permitted to use, and must immediately cease using, our Website, Apps and other Services.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on the services that you use, and your interactions with us. For example, we may collect your:
- first and last name
- order and transaction details
- birth date
- demographic information, such as your gender, postcode, location or city of residence
- contact details, such as your e-mail address and telephone number
- location information (see further detail below)
- information about your web browser and what site you came from.
If you use any of our Apps, we may collect other information such as the platform you used to download the App and how often and when you use it.
If you use any of our Apps, we may collect information about your geographic location. You can switch off permission to access your location, using the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you do so, you may not be able to use some services on our Apps and it may affect the services that we provide to you.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party, such as our business partners and from social media platforms, if you have authorised them to provide, or authorised us to collect, that information.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request as this is voluntary. However, we may not be able to provide certain Services to you where you choose to not provide your personal information to us.
Information about other people
Payment card information
. Paymark protects personal information (at a minimum) to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS). Your payment card number is not held by Burger King.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- for the general operation of Burger King New Zealand and our relationship with you – for example, to provide the services that you have requested
- to send direct marketing (including by email, SMS, “push” messages and other electronic communications) to inform you about new products, features, special offers, upcoming events and promotions - unless you have opted out of direct marketing. This may include third party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- for location-related functions on the App (see further detail under ‘Collection of personal information’ above) to improve and enhance our Apps, Website, social media channels other products, services and our in-restaurant customer experience
- to fulfil prizes, awards and purchases
- to respond to specific requests
- to provide any necessary notices and updates
- to conduct marketing research
- to protect the security or integrity of our Website
- for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by law.
We may also collect and use aggregated information (that does not identify you).
We may combine information that we hold about you. For example, we may combine information that we collect about you from other online platforms. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We may communicate with you by email and other electronic means.
If you opt out of receiving direct marketing, we may still send you transactional or account administration messages.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Burger King New Zealand may share your personal information with:
- its related companies (from time to time)
- the Burger King Corporation and franchisees
- relevant independent contractors
- third party service providers
- any person who acquires (or is interested in acquiring) all or part of our business
- any other party authorised by you or permitted by law,
We may share your details if you are a winner of a promotion. For example, we may publish a winners list publicly.
Occasionally, we may need to send your personal information overseas (e.g., to our third party service providers or group companies). However, we will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will only be undertaken in compliance with the Privacy Act.
If we transfer personal information outside New Zealand, we will ensure that any such transfer of personal information will only be undertaken in compliance with applicable laws, including the Privacy Act.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Security of your personal information is very important to us. We maintain reasonable technical, organisational, physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of all information that we hold or that you transmit to us.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please refer to the contact details below.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change (please refer to the Contact Us section below).
Cookies can be disabled, however, doing so may limit your access to some of the Website’s and App’s content and features. The "help" segment of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to configure your browser to not accept new cookies, how to have the browser inform you when you receive a new cookie, and how to erase cookies from your hard drive.
BURGER KING NEW ZEALAND
PO Box 100-413 NSMC
North Shore City 0745
6 Antares Place
Auckland, New Zealand
0800 425 464